1/48 Eduard, Bf 109G-4/R6, flown by Hptm. Waldemar Wübke, CO of 7./ JG 54, Lille – Vendeville, France, February/March 1943.
The first unit slated for rotation between the Eastern and Western Fronts was III. Gruppe JG 54, taking it from the Soviet Union to the Channel area. There, it was to replace one of the Gruppe JG 26. On February 1st, 1943, it was sent from Heiligenbeil to Lille-Vendeville, where it took on new Bf 109G-4s. By March 25th, 1943, the III./ JG 54 received orders to relocate to Oldenburg and to serve within the Defence of the Reich system. Bf 109G-4s came to the 7th Staffel JG 54 mostly from other units. Aircraft of III. Gruppe carried fuselage markings consisting of a wave bar in the Staffel colour. The lower engine cowling was in yellow as was the rudder.