1/48 Eduard Fw190D-9 Late model.
W.Nr. 500648, 9./KG(J)27, Austria, April 1st, 1945.
Yellow ‘6′ of 9. Staffel KG(J) 27 is currently based on written records, and photographs, if any exist at all, are hidden away in private photo albums or deep in institutional archives. Based on the serial number, it is assumed that the aircraft could also have been built with the Ta 152 tail. According to documentation, the plane was lost in combat on April 1st, 1945. The reconstruction of the camouflage scheme is based on the characteristic scheme out of Mimetall and in the markings of III.Gruppe KG(J) 27. The green-white checkerboard was not carried by all aircraft of KG(J) 27, but has been documented on Fw 190A-9s of this Geschwader.
KG(J) 27 was formed on November 24th, 1944 out of KG 27 Boelcke, a bomber unit. At the time, the Luftwaffe leadership, under the influence of the deteriorating war situation, decided on the conversion of bomber units to fighter ones. KG(J) 27 was stationed at airfields in southern Germany and in Austria, with III.Gruppe in Wels, Austria. After heavy losses in combat at the beginning of April, 1945, the unit was officially disbanded on April 9th.