1/48 Eduard Bf109 G-5
Flown by Uffz. Hermann Berdelmann, 1./JG 300, Herzogenaurach Air Base, July, 1944.
Close examination of photos shows that this aircraft had the fuselage of a Bf 109G-6 version combined with a canopy typical for the G-5. The wide tail band is depicted blue as the aircraft was supposed to be transferred to JG 300 from JG 54. The black number ’18’ is a JG 54 marking while white ‘2’ hails from JG 300. This aircraft was destroyed on July 29, 1944 when hit by defensive fire from US bombers. The pilot saved himself by taking to his parachute.